March 2, 2023
Tower Services Technician
Climbing of communication towers to install, replace, or repair antennas or auxiliary equipment used to transmit and receive radio waves.
- Building of new tower locations
- Using all assigned safety devices while climbing
- Driving to sites and occasional pulling of trailers
- Perform maintenance or repair work on existing tower equipment, using hand or power tools
- Read work orders, blueprints, plans, datasheets or site drawings to determine work to be done
- Inspect completed work to ensure all hardware is tight, antennas are level, hangers are properly fastened, proper support is in place, or adequate weather proofing has been installed
- Bolt equipment into place, using hand or power tools
- Test operation of tower transmission components, using sweep testing tools or software
- Lift equipment into position, using cranes and rigging tools or equipment, such as capstans
- Light travel, including overnights, as necessary
- Usage of hand and power tools
- Ability to climb 200- 500 ft heights
- Safety focused
- Knowledge and use of tools
|REQUIRED EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION|
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Climbing experience a plus
- Manual labor and work in outdoor elements
- Outdoors in all seasons.
- Climbing 200-500 ft heights
- Lifting, pulling, standing, walking
- Ability to lift up to 100 lbs.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change, or new ones may be assigned at any time with or without notice.