|GENERAL JOB OVERVIEW|
- The Security Services Technician will be responsible for performing skilled technical work in the installation, maintenance, repair, modification, and testing of Honeywell and DSC security system, fire systems, access control systems, video systems.
|DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES|
- Complete fire inspections and testing security devices to ensure systems are functioning properly.
- Inspect installation sites and study work orders, building plans, and installation manuals to determine material requirements and installation requirements.
- Examine systems to locate problems.
- Troubleshooting and problem-solving skills are essential
- Using logic and reasoning to identify the strength and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions, or approaches to problem solving.
- Familiar with computers, internet, and electronics is a plus
- Customer and Personal Services: This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- Demonstrate systems for customers and explain details of how a system works.
- Updating and using relevant knowledge: keeping up to date technically and applying new knowledge to your job.
- Comfortable working with computers for communication, research, system diagnostics, and training
- Travel required
- Climb and scale small towers or buildings, roofs, tv towers, ladders from 22-30 ft tall
- Basic understanding of technology and networking
- Must possess excellent customer service skills
- Must be able to handle and resolve complaints in a timely manner
- Must have active listening skills
- Valid Driver’s License
- Good Driving Record
|REQUIRED EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION|
- High School Diploma or GED
- 2 to 3 years of experience preferred
- State of Ohio Fire licensed
- Working knowledge and experience of Honeywell, DSC, Speco, and other system products a plus
- Indoor and Outdoor work
- must work in most weather conditions
- Walk, stand, climb, bend, stoop, crawl, lift, drive, sit, listen
- Fit and crawl in tight spaces such as crawl spaces and basements
- Climbing 22-30 ft heights on ladders
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change, or new ones may be assigned at any time with or without notice.
Employee agrees that he/she is able to carry out the essential duties and responsibilities of this position with or without reasonable accommodations. If reasonable accommodations are needed, employee should contact the Director of HR for discussion before signing this form.